Saturday, February 12, 2011

New Fashioned Winter

The road to my house on a sunny day
I suppose everyone in Montana would agree that it has been a snowy winter--it certainly has been here in NorthCentral Montana.  The photo above shows my road, which looks more like tracks through an open field.  The photo below is an indication of what it has been like much of the time.

The same road--not sunny
Over the last 2 months, I have heard a lot of people comment on how this winter reminds them of the old days "when we used to have real winters!"  I don't know which "old days" they're referring to.  When I was a kid, I recall maybe one winter like this one.  When I was a teenager, it wasn't like this.  In fact, posted below is a winter photo I took in the seventies. 

The old days
I am weary of winter, but I'm really tired of hearing about the "old fashioned" winter.