Friday, April 1, 2011

MOMMA Finale: Post Middle-aged Blues


This could happen to you


Creepy Rock


After a short night at the KOA in Williams, AZ, we headed to Vegas with clean clothes and renewed vigor.

Laundry: The Fifth Dimension

Vegas--we had a nice dinner and went to a show

Russ teases the human statue

Headed home

Northcentral Montana Monument

So, I'm home again, and I believe that all three of us had our own accomplishments and failures:  Russ learned that he could levitate after five martinis, but he could not be trusted around campground night managers.  I learned how to take pictures of complete strangers, but I also ruined many group photos by quietly inserting myself into the group.  Steve successfully navigated us through the Southwest and the city of Las Vegas, but mistakenly entered the newlywed suite at the Venetian.  That was awkward.

A big thanks to Steve for teaching me about Venn Diagrams.  Apparently I missed the Venn day at school.  A pity, since they would have been very helpful to me in the past.  But, there is no time like the present, and I have created one that captures the essence of our trip:

Venn Diagram



A friend of mine who has been following this blog made the comment that at 54 I am no longer middle-aged.  Webster disagrees, and I don't care what either one thinks. It's true that my cranial retention isn't what it used to be, but I still learn new things every day.  Like Venn diagrams.  


Thomas Wolfe wrote "you can't go home again."  Wolfe was wrong--you can go home again, and should.